Meet the Maker

Professional Woodworker specializing in charcuterie boards and garden installations.

My name is Marc and I’m the one-man-band behind Whistler Customs.

I’ve always been interested in woodworking. For the past 10 years or so, I’ve slowly been collecting various tools and machinery. My first real tool purchase was a Ryobi table-top drill press. I paid $60 for it and had to drive out from Philadelphia into the pine barrens of New Jersey to pick it up. I still use it on almost every project to this day.

When I first started, amongst various other hobbies, I would practice the craft by making desks and tables for use around our South Philadelphia apartment, as well as gifts for family and friends. About 7 years ago, we decided to move north of the city and into rural Montgomery County, PA. This provided me with the opportunity to expand my shop from a small basement room and into a detached garage. The shop has grown to take up about 75% of the old three car structure, with the other 25% being occupied by various semi-functional lawn mowers and my wife’s car.

Professionally, I’ve worked as a project manager and team leader in the tech space. I’ve always said that the workshop would be my backup plan, and I’ve always hoped that one day, I could make this a reality. So here I am, several months into having been laid-off with an absolutely crazy tech job market to contend with, and I’m setting up my woodworking business. I figured, if not now, then…when?

I’m also a husband and father to a tireless toddler. I enjoy gardening, landscaping, golfing poorly, and doing just about anything outside.

I hope that you find something that you like on my page and that you’ll consider supporting my business.